Prices and Devices
Pricing for Processing:
(each page has two sides, so two scans per page)
- 1 side at 600 dpi – $1.79 each (most common)
- 1 side at 300 dpi – $1.39 each
- Photo breakouts – scan is 99 cents only, photo breakouts are 34 cents each
- Each photo breakout is its own file
- We remove the plastic for you – 25 cents each
- Orders under 150 pages should take 1 week.
- Please give us two weeks above 150 pages.
- The $99 minimum order size applies to scrapbooks!
- DVDs – one DVD should be enough space to hold all of your scrapbook files.
- USB flash drives – 90% of our customers choose this option. No limits on space.
- External hard drives – You probably wouldn’t need these unless you were combining scrapbook files with a large video order.
- Dropbox – Also a great option for customers with larger quantities.
- Digital format – All digital files you receive will be .jpg format. TIFF format is also an option (please ask).
- DVDs – no additional charge.
- Additional DVDs – $9 per DVD for the 2nd and all subsequent copies.
- USB flash drives – same as on the Pricing Grid (8GB=$12, 16GB=$20, 32GB=$33, 64GB=$45, 128GB=$65, 256GB=$85), all fully loaded.
- External hard drives – $145 for a fully loaded 1TB Seagate external drive. Custom pricing on drives greater than 1TB.
- Dropbox – no additional charge. Dropbox link is active for 14 days after you pay.
Sian C. – “I just wanted to say thank you for preserving the pages of scrapbooks created by my mother-in-law to commemorate my father-in-law, who passed away several years ago. The scrapbook has been gathering dust in a corner for some time, and now we are able to share the digital images with members of the family, and have even had several photo books made. I can’t say how pleased I am with the quality of the images. I honestly was not expecting them to turn out all that well, but they are fantastic! I also appreciate your quick turnaround time, which allowed me to have books made in time for a family reunion.
I am thrilled with the results and being able to share these precious memories with the family, and my own son. Thank you!”
We know that you have painstakingly created your scrapbooks with love and care for many years. And you probably want to share these finished products with your kids, your grandkids, and other relatives. But … your scrapbooks are absolutely unique originals. There is only one of each, and yet you’ve created so many over the years that they have become priceless treasures. What do you do?
“Does Memory Fortress scan 12" x 12" scrapbooks?”
This is the number one online question we get from people who contact us, by far. And the answer is YES! This is actually our fastest growing area. We have multiple dedicated large-format scanners set aside just for scrapbook processing, which is very different from ordinary photo album scanning. We charge a flat rate of $1.79 per scrapbook page for high resolution scanning … far lower than anyone else. ($1.39 for regular resolution!) We process the entire order in ten business days or less, even if we are digitizing thousands of scrapbook pages. And you get your scrapbooks back in their original condition, along with as many digital copies as you would like to own.
Scrapbook scanning is our fastest-growing area. There are hundreds of thousands of active scrapbookers in the country, and many of their creations go back 25-30 years or more. In the digital age, one might think that scrapbooking would be in decline. Actually, scrapbooking is at an all-time peak right now! Scrapbooking continues to be very popular, especially with moms. And they want their creations digitized as well.
So how do we help all of these scrapbook enthusiasts? It’s simple, really. We have dedicated scanning equipment specifically for scrapbooks matched with scanning professionals who specialize in these types of memories. While detailed instructions for sending your scrapbooks are on our Organizing Memories page, it’s important to know that you can ship all of your scrapbooks to us safely and quickly.
A quick note on Photo Breakout: Let’s say you have four individual photos glued to one side of a scrapbook page (which is extremely common). You would like a digital picture of the overall page AND four individual digital pictures as well. We can do that! We have the ability to zoom in on each picture and convert it to its own JPG image. Please call us at 678-579-2249 to discuss Photo Breakout in further detail.
You can have your scrapbooks back to you, just two weeks after you send them to us. All for only $1.79 a page; that’s less than half of what others might charge. And regular resolution (300 dpi) is only $1.39 a page! Many of our scrapbook customers get multiple flash drives of their digitized pages, so distribution to family members is fast and painless. And many others get everything delivered super-fast on Dropbox.
Don’t forget that scrapbook pages can be heavy, but since we provide FREE return shipping, you can save a great deal of money with Memory Fortress.