Pictures To Digital
Competitive Pricing With Bulk Discounts
Prices As Low As 17 Cents Per Photo
Fast Turnaround Times Of 5 Business Days
Ordering Is Easy
Delivery Via USB Flash Drive, DVDs, Or Cloud
Most Trusted Photo Scanning Partner
- Can be of any size, up to poster size
- We can scan the backs of the photos
- Lowest prices are size 8”x10” and smaller
It All Started With Scanning Pictures to Digital For Our Customers
You have photos … but there are thousands of them in shoeboxes. Or maybe they are stuck to those old-school albums from 1972. Worry not! We have the professionals, the equipment, and the attention to detail to transfer photos to digital format. Want them on a disk? We convert pictures to digital formats as well as organizing them carefully on a USB flash drive. Keep reading for more detail.
Prices and Devices
Pricing for Processing:
(click red button, new tab will open with prices)
- DVDs – one DVD should be enough space to hold all of your digital photos.
- USB flash drives – 90% of our customers choose this option. No limits on space.
- External hard drives – You probably wouldn’t need these unless you were combining photos with a large video order.
- Dropbox – Fastest option. Also a great option for customers with larger quantities.
- Digital format – All digital files you receive will be .jpg format. TIFF format is also available (just ask).
- First DVD – no additional charge.
- Additional DVDs – $9 per DVD for the 2nd and all subsequent copies.
- USB flash drives – same as on the Pricing Grid (8GB=$12, 16GB=$20, 32GB=$33, 64GB=$45, 128GB=$65, 256GB=$85), all fully loaded.
- External hard drives – $145 for a fully loaded 1TB Seagate external drive. Custom pricing on drives greater than 1TB.
- Dropbox – $10 flat charge. Dropbox link is active for 14 days after you pay.
Michael B. – “Our large digital photo scanning job was handled with great care from start to finish. Keith and his team stayed in constant communication throughout the process. I will be using Memory Fortress for our future projects.”
Our Background In Photo Scanning
We know everyone out there has them. They may be in shoeboxes, or in picture frames, or in big, heavy albums. Many of them have been passed down from parents and grandparents, yellow and fading. They are in attics. They are in closets. They are under every bed in your house.
They are the photographs that comprise the vast majority of the memories of days gone by. And you probably have thousands and thousands of them. Chances are, you cannot identify everyone in those photographs, because … well … a lot of time has gone by and the people who you thought you would remember forever …
We know. This was the same reason we started Memory Fortress. At the time, there wasn’t a very good way to get your photos digitized, organized, and tagged. As it turns out, people took action only when a big event happened, usually a family wedding or funeral.
But we wanted to make it so easy and so inexpensive to preserve memories that the photo scanning operation was the first business we launched. The process takes no more than five business days and costs as little as 17 cents per photograph.
Why Scan Pictures To Digital Format Now?
- Simplicity – It’s easy to share a lifetime…your lifetime…with friends and family as a gift, to commemorate a special occasion, or to finally bring together the prints and digital images that tell your family’s story.
- It’s painful to try to do it yourself – Scanning a thousand photos with your home scanner will take nearly 24 hours to do. It’s great to have your photos scanned, but babysitting your computer scan after scan gets old fast. If the cost is low, and the process is a breeze, why wouldn’t you do something with your photo collection now?
- Rediscovering old photos is fun – Photos document your personal history, all the moments that make your life uniquely yours. And it’s a blast to remember the people and places that made your life what it is today.
- Deterioration – Your personal history fades every day, one photo at a time. Due to photo processing and storage when your photos were originally taken, your prints are susceptible to fading, color changes, and other types of photo damage, more and more every day that passes.
- Permanence – Every year, families lose photo collections due to unexpected disasters, fires and flooding. Photo scanning is an easy way to (finally) create a digital archive of your life. Knowing that your family history will be preserved forever helps you sleep much better at night.
Organization, Structure, and Customization
You want your memories to do more than simply survive – you want them to shine in the digital era, and you want them to be of more use than occupying the top shelf of the linen closet. But your treasured pictures probably aren’t as organized as you’d like them to be.
We will take them all, up to 8×10 (and even larger). We will take them any way you send them, in any order. We will take them loose, or in albums, or in rubber bands. Leave them in their shoeboxes if you prefer. While organizing them is always better if you can do it, the reality is that most people want it to be ridiculously easy. Once digitized, we have sharing capabilities that can allow for your whole family to jump into the effort to tag and organize.
When you send us your photographs, you can be assured that they will be scanned as we received them. So, if you send two shoeboxes, seven albums, and a couple thousand in rubber banded groups, your folders you receive back on DVD/flash drives will be organized in that fashion. And you will get your originals back in the same manner you sent them.
So how do we improve things? We get lots of pictures that are oriented sideways, or bent, or otherwise not well organized. We rotate every image so each has the correct orientation. We get lots of special orders, too. For example, often we will get thousands of photographs in many groups (say eleven), and certain family members are supposed to get certain groups.
While Mrs. Smith (the primary customer) may get a USB flash drive with all eleven groups 1 through 11, she may want her cousin Ed to receive the DVD with groups 1, 3,4, and 8 only. The grandchildren might get USB flash drives with 3, 7, and 11 groups. So the better your instructions are, the better we are able to highly customize orders for individual members of a family.
Jobie T. – “Simply put – the best. Very affordable and saved me 100s of hours scanning and cataloging old photos. As I was driving through Atlanta – Memory Fortress allowed me to drop my stuff on a Saturday when they were closed. Outstanding customer service and when you compare prices, they beat 90 percent of the quotes out there. Use this service!”
Handling the Large Orders
What about albums? We get lots of them. A standard album holds about 300 photographs, and we carefully remove them, digitize them, and put them back in their respective spots in the album. We charge a little bit more for this, but still less than anyone else charges for loose photos.
If it is not safe to physically remove the pictures from the album due to deterioration or the potential to damage the memories, we have software that can safely and efficiently scan these photographs while they are still in the album.
Since we primarily digitize higher volume orders, we usually receive the entire history of a family at once. So often customers will take a guess at how many pictures they are sending on the order form, without knowing the exact number. How do we prevent customers from overpaying?
Call Us Today & Place Your Orders
Photo Scanning Order Example
Let’s say a family enters 5,500 photographs in the Quantity field on the order form, but when we open the boxes and process the order, we find that there were only 4,700.
We will simply call the customer to tell her the exact count, and we will adjust any charges to reflect the actual number.
Tom M. – “Memory Fortress did an excellent job electronically archiving all of the paper photos and family videos that we owned. It was scary handing off such sacred items, but the company showed a level of care that quickly earned my trust. Some of these photos and films were taken back before digital cameras, others date back to the 1800s. I have since recommended Memory Fortress to family and friends for their archiving needs.”
What’s With The Low Prices?
You’ve probably noticed by now that our standard prices on photo scanning run from 25 cents all the way down to 17 cents per photo, while our competitors are in the 30-80 cents range. The average Memory Fortress customer pays about 19-20 cents per picture for standard scanning. We keep our prices low because we believe that everyone deserves to be remembered, and we don’t want you to have to choose to digitize only a small portion of your memories because of cost concerns.
All of your memories should be preserved, and we at Memory Fortress want to be the stewards of that process. We believe strongly that the legacy of all the Americans who built this great country, and who sacrificed greatly so that we could enjoy our freedoms forever, will not be forgotten.
So our prices can be as little as 17 cents per photo when you send us large volumes of photographs. Send us everything you have!
Memory Fortress can help you protect and share ancestral photos, birthdays, first steps, anniversaries, graduations, weddings, reunions, vacations, and so many other memories with family and friends. Save time, get organized and reconnect with the best times and people from your past. Click here to learn more about our video transfer services.
We scan pictures to digital formats right here at our facility in metro Atlanta, processed by US citizens.
Our Service Area
People in every state have trusted the dedicated staff at Memory Fortress with their precious memories.