Please Let Our Video Transfer Service Help You
Those old camcorder tapes, VHS tapes, and reel-to-reel film of all sizes and formats aren’t doing you any good in the closet. And the tapes can deteriorate very quickly. Now is the time to bring your past back to life. The Memory Fortress video transfer service can solve these problems quickly and easily.
You have all those videotapes and reels … but there are dozens of them in the attic or basement. You haven’t seen your VCR or old camcorder in over a decade. Worry not! We have the professionals, the equipment, and the attention to detail to perform a video transfer on everything you’ve got. Want them on a disk? We transfer videos to DVD as well as organizing them carefully on a large-capacity USB flash drive. Keep reading for more detail.
- Less common tapes requiring special equipment
- Price is $32 per tape for these formats
Prices and Devices
Pricing for Processing:
- 1 tape – $20
- 2-5 tapes – $18 each (10% discount)
- 6-10 tapes – $17 each (15% discount)
- 11-20 tapes – $15 each (25% discount)
- 21-50 tapes – $14 each (30% discount)
- 51+ tapes – $13 each (35% discount)
- Betamax/PAL format/Micro MV – $32 each
- Orders under 30 tapes should take 1 week.
- Please give us two weeks above 30 tapes.
- The $99 minimum order size applies to video transfer orders also!
- DVDs – one DVD per tape. Our DVDs can hold up to 8.5GB of data each. We will split files larger than 8.5GB across two DVDs.
- USB flash drives – We can fit as many tapes as you like on our flash drives. If you have more than 10 tapes, this is usually the better option.
- External hard drives – We deliver these to our larger customers (usually more than 40 tapes).
- Dropbox – Also a great option for customers with larger quantities.
- Digital format – All digital files you receive will be .mpg format.
- DVDs – no additional charge for 1st 10 video DVDs. $1 per DVD above $10.
- Additional DVDs – $9 per DVD for the 2nd and all subsequent copies.
- USB flash drives – same as on the Pricing Grid (8GB=$12, 16GB=$20, 32GB=$33, 64GB=$45, 128GB=$65, 256GB=$85), all fully loaded.
- External hard drives – $145 for a fully loaded 1TB Seagate external drive. Custom pricing on drives greater than 1TB.
- Dropbox – no additional charge. Dropbox link is active for 14 days after you pay.
James H. – “I was very satisfied with Memoryfortress.com. They were extremely knowledgeable in restoring my photos. I had old still photos and also some on old format tapes and disks. They put everything on DVDs and my memory stick so I can play them in all my electronic devices.
They were fast and got the job done perfect and at a fair price. I highly recommend them and I will be using their services again!
Thank you Memory Fortress!”
Words of Wisdom before you order:
We’ve seen thousands of tapes come in. VHS tends to deteriorate the quickest, so make this the first priority. Footage of weddings, graduations, and childbirths are also generally very high-priority items. It’s much more cost-effective to send in one large order, rather than to send it in pieces over a couple of months. Memory Fortress backs up everything we digitize (including all tapes) for 90 days, so if something should happen to your digital copies after we send them back to you, we have a full backup here. There is no charge for blank tapes, and you can mix and match all formats listed on this page. Lastly, if you have further questions, just hit the blue buttons at the bottom of this page (they are on every product page) for more detailed answers.