Let Us Convert Your HI8 To Digital
Memory Fortress turns those old family videos into modern digital creations.
We specialize in converting 8mm tape to digital formats so you can share it with your friends online.
In the 1990s and early 2000s, there was no video format more popular among American families than Hi8.
Billions of hours of footage are stored on Hi8 tapes around the country. While Hi8 tapes deteriorate less rapidly than VHS, they still do suffer from de-magnetization as time goes by.
Pricing (Subject To $99 Minimum Order):
- 1 tape: $20
- 2-10 tapes: $18 apiece
- 11-20 tapes: $17 apiece
- 21-50 tapes: $16 apiece
- 51-100 tapes: $15 apiece
- 101+ tapes: $14 apiece
- MP4 conversion: $4 per tape additional
Hi8 To Digital Service | We Convert 8mm To Digital Video Just A $29 Deposit
Your Hi8 tapes are precious memories and it’s time to update them to new digital media.
Send in your videotapes to Memory Fortress now and we will transfer them to DVD, USB flash drive, and/or Dropbox (cloud delivery).
For as little as $29 you can start your order today!
Learn more about our video transfer services and our simple process below.
We Transfer Hi8 Video To Digital
Place an order today for as little as $29 up front!
Place your order online or give us a call (678) 579-2249 we would be happy to help you.
Let’s Turn Your Hi8 Camcorder Original Tapes Into A Digital Masterpiece
- Competitive Pricing With Bulk Discounts
- Fast Turnaround Times Of 5 Business Days
- Ordering Is Easy
- Delivery Via DVDs, MP4s On USB, Or Cloud
- Most Trusted Video Partner
How to convert 8mm tapes to DVD without camcorder
The camcorder is an outdated piece of equipment these days. If you have old HI8/8mm tapes laying around and no way of converting them to digital we have you covered. Memory Fortress is an online service that converts 8mm tapes to DVD for you.
Convert Hi8 To Digital
Those old camcorder tapes, VHS tapes, and reel-to-reel film of all sizes and formats aren’t doing you any good in the closet.
Most videotapes can deteriorate very quickly. Now is the time to bring your memories back to life.
The Memory Fortress Hi8 tape to digital video transfer service can solve these problems quickly and easily.
Let us convert those 8mm analog movies to a digital format for everyone to see.
You have all those videotapes and reels, etc. There are dozens of them in the attic or basement.
You haven’t seen your VCR or old camcorder in over a decade.
Worry not! Our Hi8 tape to digital service has the professionals, the equipment, and the attention to detail to convert 8mm to digital video.
Want them on a disk? We transfer hi8 tapes to digital.
Keep reading to learn more about the affordable cost to convert Hi8 camcorder tapes into a digital format.
Fact: Over the last two years, 90% of our video customers have chosen the DVD + MP4 option.
This gives them physical DVDs that work on all players, as well as the MP4 computer files that can be replicated, emailed, put on Facebook, etc.
The cost is only $4 more per tape, and Memory Fortress offers a lifetime emergency backup of your data for this price!
- Was the standard videotape for VCRs
- Usually holds about 2 hours of footage in SP mode (normal)
- The most popular format in the 1980s and early 1990s
- Significant degradation of quality over time
- A compact alternative to VHS released in 1982
- Also plays on standard VCRs with an adapter
- Playing time well under two hours (depends on mode)
- Slightly less degradation than regular VHS
- Most popular camcorder tape format through the 1990s
- Can hold up to two hours of footage
- Deteriorates less than VHS
- Popular in early 2000s
- Plays on smaller camcorders
- Playing time well around one hour
- Usually little to no degradation
It's Easy To Transfer Movie Film, Videotapes, Photos, and Slides
Place Your Order
- No need to count or sort.
- Pay only $29 deposit now.
- Ship your materials to Memory Fortress.
We Scan & Review
- Quality digitization in just 5 days.
- We crop, rotate, and color correct all images.
- We remove dust and minor blemishes.
Fast, Safe, Convenient
- We ship your originals and new digital memories.
- All packages tracked, all files backed up by us.
- Turnaround time is 5 business days for most orders.
Share & Enjoy
- Share your new USB flash drives and DVDs
- You can also download from Dropbox
- All digital files can be shared easily on all platforms
Prices and Devices
Pricing for Processing:
- 1 tape – $20
- 2-10 tapes – $18 each (10% off)
- 11-20 tapes – $17 each (15% off)
- 21-50 tapes – $16 each (20% off)
- 51-100 tapes – $15 each (25% off)
- 101+ tapes – $14 each (30% off)
- Betamax/PAL/Micro MV – $32 each
- MP4 Conversion – $4 each
- Orders under 30 tapes should take 1-2 weeks.
- Please give us two weeks above 30 tapes.
- The $99 minimum order size applies to video transfer orders also!
- DVDs – one DVD per tape. Our DVDs can hold up to 4.7GB of data each. We will split files larger than 4.7GB across two DVDs.
- USB flash drives – We can fit as many tapes as you like on our flash drives. If you have more than ten videos, this is usually the better option.
- External hard drives – We deliver these to our larger customers (usually more than 40 tapes).
- Dropbox – also an excellent option for customers with larger quantities.
- Digital format – All digital files you receive will be in MP4 format.
- DVDs – no additional charge for 1st DVD per tape.
- Additional DVDs – $9 per DVD for the 2nd and all subsequent copies.
- USB flash drives – same as on the Pricing Grid (8GB=$12, 16GB=$20, 32GB=$33, 64GB=$45, 128GB=$65, 256GB=$85), all fully loaded.
- External hard drives – $145 for a fully loaded 1TB Seagate external drive. Custom pricing on drives greater than 1TB.
- Dropbox – $10 flat charge. The Dropbox link is active for 14 days after you pay.
James H. – “I was very satisfied with Memory Fortress. They were extremely knowledgeable in restoring my photos. I had old still photos and also some on old format tapes and disks. They put everything on DVDs and my memory stick so I can play them in all my electronic devices.
They were fast and got the job done perfectly and at a fair price. I highly recommend them and I will be using their services again!
Thank you Memory Fortress!”
How To Convert 8mm Tapes To DVD Without Camcorder
The best way to convert 8mm tapes to DVD is to use an online service like ours.
Unless you have the equipment just sitting in your basement, it makes better sense to let the Hi8 to digital service professionals handle the job.
Converting hi8 video to digital takes a pretty powerful computer and input most don’t have available.
We have invested in the tools to convert 8mm to digital video in a way that’s fast and affordable so that you can share your memories in less than seven days.
We are the professional online video transfer service provider most choose to convert those 8mm tapes.
Words of Wisdom Before You Order
Our Hi8 to digital service staff has seen thousands of tapes and old VHS movies come in for digital conversion.
VHS tapes tend to deteriorate the quickest, so make this the priority.
Footage of weddings, graduations, and childbirths are also generally very high-priority items.
It’s much more cost-effective to send in one large order than to send it in pieces over a couple of months.
Memory Fortress backs up everything we digitize (including all tapes) for 90 days, so if something should happen to your digital copies after we send them back to you, we have a full backup here.
There is no charge for blank tapes, and you can mix and match all formats listed on this page.
Lastly, if you have further questions on how we convert 8mm to digital video, click the “Start Here” at the bottom of this page (or on every product page) for more detailed answers.
Analog Video Is Outdated
Memory Fortress wants to help you get back those memories of when your children were little and opening Christmas presents, or the videos of your family vacations to the beach or mountains.
How cool would it be to share with your online family and friends all the special moments that are just sitting on those old, outdated camcorder tapes?
Hi8 video was revolutionary in its time, but the cameras and televisions are super outdated in the new millennium.
We now live in a time where cell phones are the go-to when capturing those special moments.
Send us your old Hi8 camcorder tapes, and our Hi8 to digital service will convert them into crisp new digital home movies for you and others to enjoy.
Find out how easy it is to order online now. Make sure to check out our low prices and please try us today!
We convert hi8 to digital right here at our facility in metro Atlanta, processed by US citizens.
The Memory Fortress headquarters is located in Atlanta, GA where we receive and process your orders as soon as they arrive.
Our team of trained technicians takes special care to preserve your photo scrapbooks, VHS tapes, and original photographs and return them in the same condition as we received them.
We are a growing family-owned business established in 2015.
Would you like to know what our happy customers say about us? Check out some of our reviews.
We Specialize At Digitizing Hi8 Tapes
Digitizing is just a fancy way of saying we turn your analog home movies into a digital format for computers, iPads, and cell phones. We deliver to you on USB drives, DVDs, hard drives, the cloud, or any combination of these!
With today’s online social media communities growing fast, being able to share your old photographs and home movies with your friends and family is essential.
Aren’t you tired of tripping over the boxes of old photo scrapbooks and VHS tapes just sitting around?
With our simple process, you can tape the boxes and ship them straight to us with a $29 deposit.
To learn more about how we handle your orders and the cost of your final order, check out our process page.
We Serve All Of The United States
It is our pleasure to serve all 50 States.
Our customers rely on us to deliver top-quality video and photo scanning resolution for their memories that is affordable, with a fast turnaround time.
When you need a service to digitize pictures or convert 35mm film, 8mm camcorder tapes to DVD or digital USB, we hope you will choose Memory Fortress.
Visit the order form here when you are ready to invest in the best way to transfer VHS, photos, and other memories to DVD. > Order Now!
Call our video tape transfer service today to place your order 678-579-2249
Send us a message below if you have further questions.